The draw will be held according to seeds.
• The 24 qualified teams will be divided into six seeds with four teams in each, in accordance with the Club Ranking elaborated for this purpose.
• The performance of teams in Euroleague Basketball competitions during a three year period will be used. Each club will get 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie or loss from the Regular Season onwards. 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 16, 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 8, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the last 4, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the Finals. The Club Ranking consists of the sum of the club coefficients from the last three years. The results of the worst performing team from each country/League will be added together every year to create a position for that country/League in the Club Ranking. This is the lowest possible position that any club from that country/League can occupy in the draw.
• If two or more teams have the same Club Ranking, the tie will be resolved by the total number of wins during the three year period. Should a tie persist, the final standings in the EuroLeague and if necessary EuroCup from the previous season will be used to break the tie. Should a tie still persist, the final standings in the Domestic Championship from the previous season (after the playoffs) will be used to break the tie. Should a tie still persist, a draw will be used to break the tie, with the Company determining the method for the draw.
• The first four teams from the Club Ranking participating in the Regular Season will be 1 Seeds, the next four 2 Seeds, the next four 3 Seeds, the next four 4 Seeds, the next four 5 Seeds, and the remaining four teams will be 6 Seeds.
GROUP DRAW RESTRICTION
The restriction when drawing the teams into groups is the following:
• Two teams from the same domestic league cannot coincide in the same Regular Season group, except when there are five teams from the same domestic league participating in the Regular Season.
GROUP DRAW PROCEDURE
• Teams will be drawn one by one from an urn containing only teams in the same Seed, from the 1 Seeds through to the 6 Seeds, until all 24 teams have been selected.
• For each spot drawn, the urn will be emptied and refilled with only those teams from the level drawn, taking into consideration any restrictions.
• In the Regular Season, teams from the same country may not coincide in the same group. Therefore, when drawing teams from the 2 Seeds through to the 6 Seeds, only those teams from a country different than the ones already drawn into the Group will be placed in the urn. In the case of five teams from the same country participating in the Regular Season draw, the Group Draw Restrictions will be applied until it is physically impossible.
• e.g.1. If a spot is to be drawn into a Group where there is already a team from a specific country, the teams from the country in question will not be placed in the urn.
• e.g.2. If a spot is to be drawn into a Group and a certain team(s) cannot be drawn in a later Group, this team(s) will be the only one(s) placed in the urn.
• A team may be placed directly into a Group in order to follow the restriction mentioned above.
Drawing the teams as explained above will eliminate all possibilities of a blocked situation.
A random computer draw will determine the final position of teams within their group.
• The Regular Season calendar draw will allocate letters from A to F to the teams in each group. This will establish the match-ups for the entire Regular Season.
• The Regular Season games will be held according to the following chart:
Non-coincidence letters: (when one team plays at home, the other plays away):
A with D; B with F; C with E.
CALENDAR DRAW RESTRICTIONS
• Non-coincidence letters will be allocated to teams that play in the same city/arena, so that when one team plays at home the other will play away, Darussafaka Tekfen Istanbul and Galatasaray Doga Sigorta Istanbul.
|DARUSSAFAKA TEKFEN ISTANBUL
|LOKOMOTIV KUBAN KRASNODAR
|MACCABI RISHON LEZION
|GALATASARAY DOGA SIGORTA ISTANBUL
|BUDUCNOST VOLI PODGORICA
|CEDEVITA OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA
|EWE BASKETS OLDENBURG
|PARTIZAN NIS BELGRADE
|DOLOMITI ENERGIA TRENTO
|GERMANI BRESCIA LEONESSA
|UMANA REYER VENICE
|SEGAFREDO VIRTUS BOLOGNA
|ASSECO ARKA GDYNIA